[Tweeters] GBH Nisqually

Sammy Catiis hikersammy at msn.com
Fri Oct 9 22:13:34 PDT 2015

Hiya Tweeters,

Just checking in with you since many of you are frequent visitors of Nisqually. I observed while I was there a Great Blue Heron with very white wing tips.. a large part of his wing tip was white, and what a flash when he flies. One person that was walking said that that was natural.. he always see that.. and I asked him where.. he said, "right here" LOL Yeah, he's a regular I guess.. yet I don't remember ever reading that anyone had this pie-bald I guess you would call it, Great Blue Heron documented. I wanted to just stay there and wait for him, I did get one shot off that shows some of the white, but not the flight shot that I would need to really show it off. So, any visitors there.. take a look for him. This was an adult.. looked to be about 4 years old.. guessing. It was on the long boardwalk out to the water on the river.

Just thought I would through this out there for those that frequent the area. I would love to see more of this. I only get out to Nisqually a few times a year.

Sammy Catiis
normally in Arlington.. this week .. in Puyallup :D

AND while I'm at it, anyone know anything about the preserves they are working on down by Pioneer .. the very West end of Puyallup? THX