[Tweeters] Adams County

Rick Taylor taylorrl at outlook.com
Sun Oct 11 21:02:21 PDT 2015

Tweeters, Inlanders,

Tina and I spent the weekend birding Adams County and a corner of Lincoln
County. We missed on all of the species that we were targeting; but, found
some that were MUCH better:

Saturday 10-Oct

* Great Egret (8) - Lincoln County end of Sprague Lake. We had 4 in
a single scope view

* Western Bluebird (1), female or immature - Fly catching from the
guardrail on Rosenoff Rd near the entrance to the Ritzville Cemetery. The
cemetery is the best (only?) viewing point for the Ritzville STP.

Sunday 11-Oct

* Blackcap Chickadee (2) - Washtucna Basset Park in the tree above
the horseshoe pits.

* Mountain Chickadee (1) - Hatton Rest Stop. In the last ponderosa
pine and Russian Olive at the end of the entrance road.

* Great Egret (4) - Cow Lake.

The water levels were really low - especially at Cow Lake. Finnel Lake has
completely dried up. WE need some serious rain and snow.

Good Birding!

Rick

Rick Taylor

Everett, WA