[Tweeters] New Field Guide

David Hutchinson florafaunabooks at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 13 14:04:57 PDT 2015

While listed as being published in 2014, printed in China & perhaps distributed from Europe, this is the first time (Oct 2015), that I have had a chance to examine a copy of a new softback book about birding Honduras.

Robert J Gallardo, Guide to the Birds of Honduras, 2014. It is pricey. at 49.95, 500 pages, with color plates by several artists, including John Sill, one of the originators of the Military Warbler & was it the Middle Yellowlegs?? The plates do not seem outstanding but are most professional.The author is a resident of the country. There is an extensive text, with small maps as to regional location. There is a section on the better birding locations and a largish habitat map in a pocket at the back.

I have been to Mexico many times & to Costa Rica, but never to Honduras. Were I to go, despite the price & the weight, I would simply have to take this book.