[Tweeters] More from Neah Bay - October 12 & 13

Brad Waggoner wagtail24 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 20:50:40 PDT 2015

Hi All,

My wife Helen and I enjoyed yesterday afternoon, and a full day today,
up in the Neah Bay area. We arrived Monday just as the rain was
stopping. The vacant lot was still hosting the GRASSHOPPER SPARROW on
Monday afternoon. I could not locate it today. A CLAY-COLORED SPARROW
was in the neighborhood east of the Coast Guard Station and another was
in the beach shrubbery just north of the Warmhouse Restaurant. Both were
present both Monday and today. On Monday afternoon, a BLUE-GRAY
GNATCATCHER was in the vacant lot across from Ravens Corner Guest House
accessed from Hemlock Street off of the main drag heading into town.
This was the Lucy's Warbler spot from last year. The GNATCATCHER was
present this morning, but a half mile west more in the center of town -
a vacant lot between the child play area near the beach and the football
field. I have no idea if this is the same bird as the one on the 26th of
September but I think there are enough photos to be able to tell. I
would think it is the same bird if it were not for the crazy stuff that
goes on with vagrants at Neah Bay. Another highlight this morning along
the beach going out to the jetty was a late MacGillivray's Warbler.

I did not see any Tropical Kingbirds or Palm Warblers. I did have two
total Yellow Warblers and one Common Yellowthroat.

Cheers and good birding,

Brad Waggoner