[Tweeters] Lummi Flats migratory raptors

Doug Brown BirdBrain53 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 15 13:11:49 PDT 2015

Chirp,

It seems that the North wind has brought many migratory raptors back to our area.
On the afternoon of Wed. the 14th, Marion Hill and I observed at least 6 Rough-legged Hawks at the Lummi Flats.
We were also pleased to see at least 5 Short-eared Owls. First of season for both of those species for us.
Also seen were many Northern Harriers, Red-tailed Hawks, an American Kestrel, a few Bald Eagles, and a Northern Shrike.
It will take me a day or two to get photos of these added to my Recent Photographs gallery.

cheers, db

http://www.douglaslbrownphotography.com/