[Tweeters] Saw Whets and Townsend's Solitaire

Rob Conway robin_birder at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 18 00:00:34 PDT 2015

Over the past couple of nights I've heard multiple Saw Whet Owls in the greenbelt behind the house and the forest between our house and the neighbors. Today I spotted a single bird perched close in to the trunk of a Western Hemlock about 15 feet outside my kitchen window. He looked like an owl doll.

Yesterday while working in the garden (cleaning up the remains of a 160 foot Douglas Fir that our tree guy fell onto the rear of the lot - it was fungus and insect infested) I had a Townsend's Solitaire come into the cleared acreage at the back of the lot and sit on the trunk of the tree for about 5 minutes.

The sparrows are certainly enjoying the new brush piles from the tree. Hopefully I will be able to replace the destroyed landscaping quickly with natives with hopes of bringing in even more birds and of greater variety.

Rob

Rob Conway
Camas, WA
45.58°N 122.44°W - elevation 310 ft.