[Tweeters] American Dipper at Greenlake today

Connie Sidles constancesidles at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 04:18:07 PDT 2015

Hey tweets, I don't know about Green Lake records, but in Gene Hunn's book, "Birding in Seattle and King County," he notes that there are a few winter records for American Dippers in the lowlands of King County, and some nesting records as well:
• a few nesting below Snoqualmie Falls
• nesting birds on Tokul Creek near Fall City
• a pair with young near Kenmore in Wallace Swamp Creek Park
• a winter record in Wallace Swamp Creek just upstream from Lake Washington
• a famous one that frequented the trout hatchery outlet in Seward Park for 12 years, 1978-89.

So American Dippers can be found in out of the way places, but a Green Lake bird is still super. - Connie, Seattle

constancesidles at gmail.com <mailto:constancesidles at gmail.com>
www.constancypress.com