[Tweeters] Do the Snow Geese commute back and forth?

Ed Swan Edswan2 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 18 20:00:01 PDT 2015

Yesterday and today at my place between Cherry Pt. and Birch Bay in Whatcom
County, I saw six flocks with varying numbers of Snow Geese totaling over
300 altogether, always heading north. In fact as I think back most of the
Snow Geese flocks I've seen have been moving north bound whether in spring
or fall. Am I seeing birds commuting from the Skagit back to somewhere
farther north in Whatcom County or British Columbia? The flocks generally
are following the bluff line but some are out in the Strait of Georgia.

Ed

Ed Swan

Nature writer and guide

<http://www.theswancompany.com/> www.theswancompany.com