[Tweeters] American Dippers in Seattle area

Gene Beall gene.beall at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 14:29:54 PDT 2015

Just to add to the general discussion of American Dippers, if you’ve never read John Muir’s essay on the Dipper, which he calls the Ouzel or Water Thrush, I highly recommend it. It appeared as Chapter 13 in his book The Mountains of California in 1894. Here’s a link to the essay: http://www.yosemite.ca.us/john_muir_writings/the_mountains_of_california/chapter_13.html

BTW, in this essay he also describes Dippers feeding in lakes, albeit mountain lakes.

Enjoy,

Gene Beall

Sammamish, WA

Gene.beall at gmail.com <mailto:Gene.beall at gmail.com>