[Tweeters] Edmonds marsh snipe hunt

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 00:04:32 PDT 2015

For anyone wanting to go on a snipe hunt, the birds have been appearing in the waterway off the #1 viewing platform (the one closest to the railroad tracks) at the Edmonds marsh once the water level drops below the bottom of the plants bordering the waterway.   My photos will give you a better idea of what I mean.  The most recent ones start at the bottom pf page 56 and continue on page 57 of my 2015 Wildlife of Edmonds thread:
 http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/showthread.php?11497-Wildlife-of-Edmonds-WA-2015/page56
Looking back at old photos, this is the earliest I have seen snipes at the marsh.   Question for the snipologists: Is the presence of snipes at the Edmonds marsh seasonal or do they reside there year-round?  I have only seen them in the fall, winter, and spring, but they are the masters of disguise.
Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA