[Tweeters] Sandhill Crane, Clay colored Sparrow

Louis Kreemer lpkreemer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 16:07:14 PDT 2015

Hey Tweets, I had a very good day at the Fill, with the highlight probably being the Sandhill Crane that has been seen recently. I arrived at about nine thirty and left at about twelve.
I saw Kaylin Ingalls recent report of a Clay Colored Sparrow that she had seen at the Fill, and realized that that bird could have been a sparrow that I saw today there that I couldn’t ID. I checked my photos and field guide and sure enough, that was the bird! I saw this bird at about 10:30 today, very close to the new Osprey nesting platform hanging out with some Song Sparrows. For photos email me. Also had a Northern Harrier, 20 high flying Cackling Geese, and about ten Buffleheads (glad to see them returning at last!). No Bittern today.
Thanks Kaylin for that heads-up!

Louis Kreemer,
Seattle