[Tweeters] Sequim Three Crabs Juv. Brown Booby continues (Monday, Oct. 26th)

George Gerdts geopandion at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 23:16:39 PDT 2015

Mary Anne Rossing and I stopped at the Three Crabs overlook of Sequim Bay
on our way home from a weekend at Neah Bay. We arrived at 4:15 and planned
to stay until 5:30. The Brown Booby came soaring in at 5:27! We watched
it soar around the area from the distant super-structure of the outermost
pier. It was plunge-diving, and apparently catching something to eat. Our
third venture to the Three Crabs overlook was finally a success! I did
manage a few long-distance ID photos. If anyone is interested, contact me
off-line.

At Neah Bay this morning we could not re-locate the 3 Tropical Kingbirds
that we saw on Sunday or the two Palm Warblers. We did have a small flock
of calling White-winged Crossbills land briefly in the trees around Raven's
Corner. We could not get the scope on them before they took off to the
east.

George Gerdts
Bainbridge Island
geopandion at gmail.com