[Tweeters] Best time to look for the Brown Booby

Nathaniel Peters ncpeters at uw.edu
Thu Oct 29 14:03:48 PDT 2015

Hey Tweets,

I spent about 6 hours waiting for the Booby Sunday morning/early afternoon
(8PM-2PM), only to have it show up a few hours after I left.

I also talked to several others who have seen the bird over the past week,
and I think I can safely say that if it is still there, the best time to
look for it is the later afternoon. It seems to come into the bay later in
the day and put on a diving show, but it has been seen at other times as
well.

My personal recommendation would be to get there by around 2-3PM and wait
until dusk.

Just my two cents.

Nathaniel Peters
Keck Microscopy Facility Manager