[Tweeters] News from the Siege of Cheasty

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 17:22:03 PDT 2015

----- Forwarded Message -----
    Hi All,

Friends of Cheasty is delighted to announce that Tweeters-own famed author, poet, Union-Bay-chronicler & birder-extraordinaire Connie Sidles is going to be an Expert Witness for Friends of Cheasty at a Nov 9, 10 & 13th Hearing before a Seattle Hearing Examiner to challenge the Cheasty-Mountain-Bike Park DNS (Determination of Non-Significance.)  Thank you Connie!!!
The Cheasty Greenbelt is a 47-acre parcel on Beacon Hill, the closest-to-the-Downtown of any forest remaining in Seattle and containing 14 Class IV Wetlands. The Parks Department and Mountain-Bike activists are trying to turn Cheasty into a Mountain-Bike Park and are well-along in the process but opposition is not subsiding.

Friends of Cheasty is currently seeking funds to help with this legal challenge.

Donations can be made online through our fiscal sponsor, GROW, at: http://tinyurl.com/savecheasty. Be sure to enter CHEASTY in the Designation line (the third line on the form) – to ensure that Friends of Cheasty receives the donation.  Thank you for your support!  And for more information, please visit http://www.savecheastygreenspace.org/ and www.facebook.com/FriendsofCheasty.

The Friends of Cheasty fundraising leaflet is also available at my website:
http://ednewbold.com/nature-for-all-not-athleticss-for-a-few/

along with my thoughts on Cheasty.

Thanks everyone,
Ed Newbold Wildlife Artist  ednewbold1 at yahoo.com