[Tweeters] re: birding while traveling

dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Fri Apr 1 20:27:06 PDT 2016

Hi Tweets: I drove a friend from Ocean Shores into Olympia yesterday and
managed to find quite a few birds along the way, and while there. Among
them were the osprey pair that had been reported on the nest near the
Grays Harbor NWR (Paulson Rd.) at 5pm-ish on Wednesday, 3/30. They were
photographed on Thursday morning, both on the nest and copulating on the
ground nearby. I drove by on Thursday the 31st so I could add them to
e-Bird for the county list.

I also saw a total of 7 TV's, with 2 over the Humptulips River bridge at
SR 109 (Hoquiam), 2 over the Simpson Ave Bridge over the Hoquiam River
in downtown Hoquiam, and 3 over the Lemay Landfill in Central Park.

The rest of the birds seen were enroute and/or while parked in
Olympia...it was a good day for birding, even if confined to the car.

Dianna Moore

Ocean Shores