[Tweeters] Glaucous x Herring Gull hybrid?

Brian Pendleton kc7wpd at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 1 21:52:19 PDT 2016

I have a question about a gull I saw a couple of weeks ago. Although I recorded it in eBird as a Glaucous gull, I believe it may be a Glaucous x Herring hybrid. It appears to be second cycle, white and pale brown overall with a sharply bicolored bill and a pale iris. The wingtips, barely visible in the photo on eBird checklist, are medium brown rather than white. I would be grateful if a gull expert would take a look at it. Here is a link to the checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S28257599
Thanks,
Brian