[Tweeters] H.Sparrow kills Tree Swallow--advice please

Leah Wegener dlwegener at msn.com
Sat Apr 2 10:27:55 PDT 2016

Hi, Tweeterdom,We have had Tree Swallows nest in a box in our back yard for the past two summers. This year the House Sparrows got there first and made a nest. I took it out, hoping to discourage them, but they started over. When Henry went out the next day to check the box, he found a Tree Swallow inside with its face pecked out. I assume the House Sparrows were claiming their territory.
Do you think we should take the box down or just leave it to the birds?
Thanks for your collective advice.
Leah Wegenerdlwegener at msn.comCentralia, WA