[Tweeters] Nest box remodeled for Tree Swallows!

Leah Wegener dlwegener at msn.com
Sat Apr 2 14:01:38 PDT 2016

Tweeters,This is a follow up to my question of earlier this morning--how to keep House Sparrows from taking over the next box that I want to be used by Tree Swallows.
Barbara forwarded a link to a video of how to modify the opening of the box and our box now has a hardwood oval opening of 1 3/4 x 15/16 so that Tree Swallows can get in and out but House Sparrows can't harass them. It will be interesting to see if it works.
Thanks for all who weighed in on this. I knew I could count on you guys!
Leah Wegenerdlwegener at msn.comCentralia, WA