[Tweeters] Glaucous Gull at Neah Bay

Brian Pendleton kc7wpd at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 3 09:59:58 PDT 2016

Saturday afternoon a Glaucous Gull was roosting in the gull flock at the mouth of the stream at Neah Bay. It was creamy white overall with pink legs and a pink bill with a black tip. I had already scanned the flock of 100 or so gulls once or twice without noticing it but after a dog ran out and flushed them and they all resettled on the gravel bar, the Glaucous was in plain sight among a group of adult and first-cycle Glaucous-wings. The flock also contained Western, Herring, California, Mew and two Bonaparte Gulls, and probably a couple of Thayers  as well.