[Tweeters] Skagit Wildlife Area/Wilie road

Bevbowe1 bevbowe1 at aol.com
Sun Apr 3 16:47:43 PDT 2016

The Great horned Owl babies have hatched at the Wildlife Area on Wylie Road and you can see both the adult and a fluffy blob of cuteness! While there we also saw lots of Killdeer, Green-winged Teals, Mourning Doves, Northern Harriers and a large number of tree swallows, many of which are nesting in the snags right by the gravel path next to the parking lot. Lots to see there today!
I also saw, too far away to get a perfect look at, some sort of heron or bittern. It was perched at the very tip top of a tree in the distance toward the water and I could determine that it was NOT a Great Blue Heron( not enough neck). I originally though Green Heron, but have never observed a Green Heron perch that high up, any guesses as to what it might be?

bev Bowe