[Tweeters] American Wigeon

viper.bob at frontier.com viper.bob at frontier.com
Mon Apr 4 23:26:21 PDT 2016

This is a color variation commonly called a "storm widgeon" and your picture is the most extreme sample I have ever seen.  I'm not sure what the genetics are and google was not of much help. I have seen and photographed these over the years and always look for them in widgeon flocks. I had one at my backyard pond for a few weeks last year.Your image makes me want to go there to get my own images of this bird. It is very striking indeed.Bob KothenbeutelWoodinville, WAviper.bob at frontier.com