FW: [Tweeters] RFI: Success of the California Condor Rehabilitation Program

Rich ryoung2107 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 09:53:51 PDT 2016

Hi Larry (et al.):

I work for the US Fish & Wildlife Service, and in recent years have been involved in efforts to develop tools to assist in locating possible reintroduction sites for the California Condor throughout its historic range. If you're interested, you can check out:

D’Elia, J., S.M. Haig, M. Johnson, B.
Marcot, and R. Young. 2015.
Activity-specific ecological

niche models for planning reintroductions of
California Condors (Gymnogyps
californianus). Biological
Conservation 184:90-99.
This paper deals with CA, OR and WA, but we are currently looking into applying similar techniques in ID, NV, UT and AZ.

Anyway, I put your question to our regional Condor expert, Jesse D'Elia, and his response is below. Hope that helps.

Rich Young