[Tweeters] Pend Oreille County

Terry Little terry at crossoverchurch.info
Fri Apr 8 17:18:30 PDT 2016

Hello,

I spent this beautiful day birding Pend Oreille County. It turned out to be a very birdy day.

Calispell Lake – SNOW GEESE (49), ROSS’S GEESE (4), Tundra Swan (16), TRUMPETER SWAN (4), Cackling Geese (4), Eurasian Wigeon (1), Ruffed Grouse (drumming), Cooper’s Hawk, Greater Yellowlegs (6), Black-Necked Stilt (10 – earliest I have had them here), Red-naped Sapsucker (everywhere), YELLOW RUMPED WARBLER (little early), Evening Grosbeak (2) - 65 species at Calispell Lake

Usk – Cliff Swallows returning to bridge

Kalispell Indian Reservation (Dike Rd), Greater Scaup (20)

Kalispell Indian Reservation (Flying Goose Ranch) - Ring-necked Pheasant, BARROW’S GOLDENEYE (2 – very uncommon in PO), Osprey,

Riverbend – Merlin, Common Loon

Sullivan Lake – Common Loon, American Dipper

85 species, a fun day

Blessings
Terry Little
Mead, Wa