[Tweeters] Skamania Migrants

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Tue Apr 12 22:26:15 PDT 2016

Today, 4/12/16 , we had a very strong push of YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS through our place in western Skamania County. They first started showing up at about noon and continued moving through for about five hours, they would show up in small flocks that quickly passed over the ridge without stopping to feed. At one time there were at least fifty warblers in the trees in front of our house, among the Yellow-rumps we heard several ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS and saw our first of the year NASHVILLE WARBLER. The number of PURPLE FINCHES also increased dramatically overnight from four to sixteen birds at the feeders, and this was our first day without a Fox Sparrow here since last fall. Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA