[Tweeters] Killdeer

Sammy Catiis Hikersammy at msn.com
Wed Apr 13 23:21:25 PDT 2016

Hiya,

Just a quick note.. got to watch a fledgling Killdeer today. Might have just hatched today.. if not, then yesterday. There was only one. This is way earlier than I've ever seen the little ones.. and I was surprised. Has anyone else seen them this early? I know in some areas they breed much earlier.. like sometimes in March, but in Western Washington? Maybe I just haven't noticed.. trying to look at my last fledgling photos.. I know there were some little ones in June, but that might have been their second brood. Anyway, still exciting to watch.. and so dang cute.

Sammy

Arlington