[Tweeters] Scrub Jay in N. Green Lake

Josh Hayes coralliophila at live.com
Thu Apr 14 17:00:36 PDT 2016

My wife and I were driving westward on N. 80th St, a couple of blocks west of I-5, about 4 PM today, when a Scrub Jay dipped across the street just in front of us. We both shouted "Scrub Jay!" at the same time. I know, they're pretty prosaic, but in Seattle, they're not common (for some reason - why IS that, anyway?). So if you're in the neighborhood, between Blanchet, I-5, and the north side of Green Lake, keep your eyes open.
-Josh Hayes in Steller's Jay-rich Licton Springs