[Tweeters] Bird hikes between Cle Elem and Ellensburg?

Jane Hadley hadleyj1725 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 08:44:04 PDT 2016

Dear Tweetsters - I am too late to respond specifically with suggestions
for "birdy hikes" east of the mountains for Robin's birthday this weekend.

However, I just wanted to make the general point that where to go to
find birds in Washington State is THE purpose of the A Birder's Guide to
Washington, a new edition of which was published last August. There were
38 authors and 60 "ground-truthers" for this 613-page book, which was a
project of the Washington Ornithological Society and published by the
American Birding Association.

You can pick up a copy from Seattle Audubon Society's Nature Shop,
Amazon.com, Powell's Books, Buteo Books and other places. The list price
is $29.95, but Seattle Audubon makes it available to its members for
$23.96 and WOS also sells it at a discount at its monthly meetings and
annual conference. Here's the link to Seattle Audubon's page for the
book: https://goo.gl/ME22km

Jane Hadley
Seattle, WA