[Tweeters] Island Girl

Bud Anderson falconresearch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 17:20:08 PDT 2016

Hi all,

Just received notice that Island Girl, our satellite tagged adult female
peregrine, has left her range in coastal Chile today and is once again
heading north.

This is her eighth migration north and we think it is a world record for a
tagged peregrine.

She is carrying a solar powered GPS-enabled transmitter that is somehow
still working after all these years. So super transmitter on a super
peregrine!

You can follow her journey online at www.frg.org. Click on Southern Cross
Peregrine Project, then go to maps, select Island Girl and scroll down to
follow her progress. E-mail me if you have a problem with it.

We get three signals a day, one at midnight so we can see where she sleeps,
one around 10AM and the other around 4PM. You can actually change the map
format and see her habitat, drilling down to the actual tree or cell tower
she slept on the previous night. Accuracy is supposed to be within 10
meters.

Thanks to all of the FRG members who contributed to this project so long
ago, back when crowd sourcing didn't have a name yet.

Go Island Girl, go!

Bud Anderson
Falcon Research Group
Box 248