[Tweeters] Apologies to Jane Hadley / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Thu Apr 21 09:11:01 PDT 2016

Tweeters,

Just wanted to mention that in my post yesterday I referred to A Birders Guide to WA by Opperman, not realizing Jane Hadley was the editor of the 2nd edition.

I do have both editions and they have been our birding "bibles" wherever we go. I'll always remember using it when looking for birds in Tokeland the first time. When there, looking out on the water there and not seeing much, my husband said "What are those over there?" Right on the dock in the marina (just as mentioned in the guide) were hundreds of Godwits roosting. The Motherlode!!

Even though I didn't find Burrowing owls this trip, it's always such a great resource on where to go, what to look for, and how to get there.

I look forward to having the 2nd edition as broken in as the 1st, like my Sibleys. (Very cool meeting Mr. Sibley yesterday at Seattle Audubon and getting his autograph) .
Jane, may I humbly ask for yours?

Thank you, Jane.

Caryn / Wedgwood