[Tweeters] Green Lake Osprey in trouble

Diane W diane_weinstein at msn.com
Tue Apr 26 22:53:22 PDT 2016

Yet another fishing line casualty. How sad!

There is a falcon group that might be be able to offer some advice. But, as long as the bird is flying, I don’t know how anyone can help him unless he gets caught on something with the fishing line or becomes so sick and weak that he can be captured. Anyone have any suggestions?

Seattle parks is supposed to put up fishing line recycling bins at Green Lake, but I don’t know if they have been installed yet.

If you live in a community with fishing areas where they do not have fishing line recycling bins, please contact your parks department and ask that they install them. I can provide detailed information on their construction and use.

Also, if you see discarded fishing line anywhere, please pick it up and dispose of it properly.

Diane Weinstein
Issaquah