[Tweeters] FOY Pacific-slope Flycatcher at Three Forks

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 30 22:15:48 PDT 2016

Hi all,
Delia and I birded up at Three Forks by North Bend today.  We had a nice vocalizing Pacific-slope Flycatcher by the high school, but no other new-for-us migrants.  A couple Orange-crowned Warblers and Yellow-rumped Warblers in a few locations.  Good numbers ofCommon Yellowthroats. The Brown-headed Cowbirds appear ready for some FOYs.  Wood Ducks in three places.
I'm not well versed in the arrival data but I continue to hold my breath regarding Violet-green Swallows, of which we saw none out there.  We had a few Barn Swallows, some Rough-winged Swallows and decent numbers of Tree Swallows, but no V-gs.  Other than our own Violet-green Swallow pair at the house here which arrived April 3, I've only seen  3 or four in the city and very few as we bird around the west side.
Best wishes,
Ed Newbold
ednewbold1 at yahoo.com      Beacon Hill Seattle, where Orange-crowned and Yellow-rumped Warblers are bathing in a fairly steady stream at Butyl Creek--but no Hermit Thrush, no Nashvilles yet.