[Tweeters] Fife egret and phoebe today

Jeffrey Bryant jbryant_68 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 1 17:13:57 PDT 2016

Since it doesn't seem to matter whether Android or iphone, my devices can't play nicely with this listerv, I'll try from home...
Snowy Egret showed well for many of us at the aforementioned location on the Saddle Creek remnant oxbow.  While there late this morning, we (Brian  Pendleton, Ed Newbold, Matt Bartels & I ) also managed to turn up a rather scraggly BLACK PHOEBE in the same vicinity as the SNEG.  Brownish tones suggested a first-year bird, but it appeared to be molting tail feathers, which would suggest just the opposite.  At any rate, this is the same spot an adult wintered 2014-2015, begging the question, did it just arrive earlyish for the winter, or could they be breeding here?
Jeff BryantSeattlejbryant_68 at yahoo