[Tweeters] Lewis Co Shorebirds (ONCE MORE)

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Mon Aug 1 20:10:40 PDT 2016

Today I visited Riffe Lake in Lewis County. Like Penny, I did not find the Long-billed Curlew at the east end. Did see a Bank Swallow at that location.

At the west end of Riffe Lake were:
Least Sandpipers
Western Sandpipers
Semipalmated Sandpipers - 2 juv
Spotted Sandpiper - 4
Killdeer - 1
Peregrine Falcon - 2

Also a Merlin at Swoffard Pond, chasing swallows. An American Kestrel near Mossyrock. And a Great Egret along Peters Road.

Thanks to Dave, Matt and Penny.

Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA
marvbreece at q.com

Too much stress and a lack of free time to muse is a prison from which one cannot easily escape.