[Tweeters] Shorebirds RidgefieldNWR, Clark Co, WA

Bob rflores_2 at msn.com
Tue Aug 2 11:06:53 PDT 2016

Found several fleeting looks at long-billed dowitchers in the Canvasback Unit I found the best view just before you get to Rest Lake. There were many peeps and dowitchers in the unit but due to the veg and terrain I mostly saw birds as they flew. Rest Lake had several peeps, all I id were least, and greater yellowlegs I did have one dunlin. At Long Lake there was a flock of least sandpiper about 20 and a lot of killdeer. The best observation was a least sandpiper in the scope when bam a American kestrel came down and pinned it to the ground then flew off with it. That was very cool to watch.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA