[Tweeters] "Lake Ballard" shorebirds - Urban Shorebirding HOTSPOT!

Houston Flores houstonflores at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 4 09:00:24 PDT 2016

Hey Tweets,
I stopped by the wet depression my co-workers have affectionately dubbed "Lake Ballard", which is on the south side of NW 46th St and just east of the Ballard bridge, and found a "plethora" of shorebirds. 2 juvie SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPERS, ~10 LEAST SANDPIPERS, 1 GREATER YELLOWLEGS, 1 SPOTTED SANDPIPER and 2 KILLDEER. I did not see the Solitary Sandpiper reported earlier this week, but thank you to Scott Atkinson for alerting me to this hotspot! This site has great potential over the next month to turn up some goodies! There is plenty of parking along 46th.
Good Migrations,
Houston FloresSeattle, WAhoustonflores AT hotmail.com