[Tweeters] Ridgefield NWR, Clark County shorebirds

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 16:57:03 PDT 2016

Tweeters,

Inspired by Bob Flores' reports of shorebirds at Rest Lake at Ridgefield
NWR, I headed over this morning (~8:45) and found the following:

Greater Yellowlegs: 30
Lesser Yellowlegs: 3
Killdeer: 6
Least Sandpiper: 24
Western Sandpiper: 3
Semipalmated Sandpiper: 1
Long-billed Dowitcher: 40
Wilson's Snipe: 2

Birds were acting like there was a Peregrine around but I couldn't find
it. If you go shorebirding here, pack your patience and a good scope. As
Bob mentioned earlier, Rest Lake has lots of vegetation so plenty of places
for shorebirds to settle behind and frustrate expected good viewing.

Keep your eyes and ears skyward.

Jim

--
Jim Danzenbaker