[Tweeters] Eide Road, etc.

Josh Adams xjoshx at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 19:34:45 PDT 2016

Hello all,
I hit Eide road at high tide first thing this morning. The large pond
was almost completely dry, with only a small amount of standing water.
There only small shorebirds and killdeer present and not many of
either. One Baird's Sandpiper was present when I arrived and two more
flew in later. I was not able to pick out a Semipalmated Sandpiper.

The Stanwood Sewage Plant held no surprises. There was a decent (for
this location) feeding in the first pond with Western, Semipalmated,
and Least all present.

I made a quick run by the Everett STP and scoped the large water areas
in hopes of turning up Red-Necked Phalaropes. Only Fool's Phalaropes
to be found (IE large floating down feathers), but I was quite
surprised to find a male Canvasback in breeding plumage.

Josh Adams
Cathcart, WA