[Tweeters] Announcing 2016 Klickitat County Fall North American Migration Count, September 19th and results of 2016 Spring Count…

Bob Hansen bobhansen at gorge.net
Tue Aug 9 20:26:04 PDT 2016

Folks,

The 2016 Klickitat County Fall North American Migration Count is scheduled for Saturday, September 17th, the 3rd Saturday in September. Please let me know if you are interested in helping. We have a variety of habitats in Klickitat County, from the Douglas Fir subalpine forests near Trout Lake and Mt Adams, to the brush steppe at the western edge of the Columbia Basin, and in between, a beautiful Oak-Pine woodland habitat.

For the results of our 2016 Spring Count —> http://birdingwashington.info/Klickitat/Spring2016.htm <http://birdingwashington.info/Klickitat/Spring2016.htm> The 30 participants observed a total of 151 different species on Count day.

Over the past 17 Fall counts ( http://birdingwashington.info/Klickitat/SpringNAMC.htm <http://birdingwashington.info/Klickitat/SpringNAMC.htm> ), we have a median of 125 count day species with the help of 22 observers.

To see all the Klickitat data, both spring and fall, click --> http://birdingwashington.info/Klickitat/ <http://birdingwashington.info/Klickitat/>

A VERY BIG THANK YOU to Randy Robinson for compiling this data and special thanks also to the participants, of varying skill levels, who have helped us capture this snapshot of Klickitat County bird life over these years. What is life, if it isn’t getting to know the place where we live?

If you have any interest in helping, or in starting such counts in your county, please let me know. Recruiting observers is an ongoing, year around activity.

Happy Birding,
Bob Hansen
503 881 5889
bobhansen at peak.org <mailto:bobhansen at peak.org>

"ask not what your eco system can do for you,
"ask what you can do for your eco system." OWS graffiti

Bob