[Tweeters] West Seattle Peregrine Falcons (again)

Mary Metz maryjmetz at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 21:46:30 PDT 2016

I had luck asking about them a few months ago so I'm appealing to the Tweeters group again for an explanation for what seems like unusual behavior. The peregrines that use the box under the West Seattle bridge seemed to successfully raise three young this year and they seemed to all fledge some weeks back. Things were pretty quiet for a while but now there's a peregrine hanging out again, crying out and occasionally flapping its wings like it wants to be fed. I've seen it fly so it's not injured. Sometimes there's a second peregrine around as well but it doesn't seem to be feeding the other one. So, is it normal for young peregrines (or a parent) to return to the "nest" weeks after fledging? What's going on?
Thanks for sharing your wisdom!Mary Metzmaryjmetzatyahoodotcom