[Tweeters] Cedar River Mouth - Aythya sp. (Canvasback/Redhead)

Houston Flores houstonflores at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 10 16:50:31 PDT 2016

Hi All,
I stopped by the mouth of the Cedar River (King Co.) earlier today and spotted a duck that I originally identified as a female/juvenile Redhead based on general size and shape (head shape seemed a lot more like Redhead than Canvasback). I didn't have a field guide with me so I wasn't able really confirm other fieldmarks. I did obtain some distant video and pictures that I haven't had a chance to upload yet. Anyway, I just wanted to get the word out because it appears that either way this would be a noteworthy sighting. Also, I'm hoping its actually a Common Pochard.
Good Migrations,
Houston FloresSeattle, WAhoustonflores AT hotmail.com