[Tweeters] re: trip to coast

dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Thu Aug 11 10:26:26 PDT 2016

I drove out onto the beach just before high tide, parked and sat in my
car watching people and shorebirds while waiting for a take out
order...maybe 10 minutes. In that 10 minutes several flocks of mixed
shorebirds flew north along the edge of the surf, mostly westerns with a
few leasts scattered in among them.

As I left the beach I disturbed a group of about 35 Semipalmated Plovers
that had landed on the soft, dry sand behind me. They resettled about 20
feet back.

It always seems to work out that way; if you can't find a particular
bird it is probably on a similar patch of ground at least an hour away
by car but only a short flight for a bird.

Dianna Moore

Ocean Shores