[Tweeters] Renton birds

Jeffrey Bryant jbryant_68 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 16:35:33 PDT 2016

early this afternoon, Cedar River Mouth had lots of Canada Geese, Mallards and Gadwall, plus a few Green-winged Teal and a lone Northern Shoveler, but, alas, no Aythya species.  Water levels are too high for shorebirds.  Headed to Black River Riparian Area to check on the Solitary Sandpipers, and was amazed to find FOUR today!  Spent nearly an hour watching them bully each other whenever imaginary lines were crossed.  Relatively strong supercilium on one made me go back to the car for the scope, but it's definitely not the Wood Sandpiper I had hoped for...  Also three Least Sandpipers and a pair of Green Herons.
jeff bryantseattlejbryant_68 At yahoo