[Tweeters] Lesser Goldfinch family

Michelle Maani lamoustique at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 10:57:32 PDT 2016

I've had a pair (or maybe more than one pair, but I only see one at a time at the feeder) of Lesser Goldfinches hanging around since spring.  I even inquired once about when they nested.  Well, today a family of three fledgings and two adults came to my feeder. Cuter than cute!  The little ones were being fed right at the feeder, none of this waiting around on the deck for food to be brought to them.  After feeding them, the parents took off, leaving the three youngsters to figure out that they don't need Mom and Dad to give them food at that site.  It took them only a few seconds. Success!
Michelle MaaniSalmon CreekVancouver, WA