[Tweeters] Lake Sammamish State Park, Aug 12, eBird Report

Sharon Cormier-Aagaard scormieraa001 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 15 15:46:11 PDT 2016

Hi Tweets--here's my monthly report on Lake Sammamish State Park:

Lake Sammamish State Park, King, Washington, US
Aug 12, 2016 6:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.4 mile(s)
Comments: Sharon and Stan were joined by 18 others at Eastside Audubon's monthly bird walk at Lake Sammamish State Park. Sunny, 60-80F, 1-3 mph. 54 species for the day, 131 for the year.
HIGHLIGHTS:
WOOD DUCKS--3 females
SPOTTED SANDPIPER--1 at the mouth of Issaquah Creek
GULLS: Ring-billed, California and Glaucous-winged
MOURNING DOVE--1 perched
BAND-TAILED PIGEON--2 fly overs
WOODPECKERS: 6 Downy, 3 Northern Flicker, 1 Pileated
FLYCATCHERS: 1 Olive-sided, 8 Western Wood-Pewee, 8 Willow
VIREOS: 2 Warbling and 1 Red-eyed -- both species still singing
WARBLERS: 2 Orange-crowned, 22 Common Yellowthroat, 8 Yellow, 3 Yellow-rumped, 8 Black-throated Gray
WESTERN TANAGER--4
BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAK--3
Critters: 1 deer, a few bunnies, 1 Garter Snake. The next bird walk is SEPTEMBER 23, 8 am to NOON (note NEW TRIP HOURS, SEPTEMBER through MARCH). No pre-registration, just show up rain or shine. Since this is a state park, a Discover Pass is necessary to park ($10 daily, $30 annual). We meet just inside the main park entrance (NOT the boat launch entrance off of Eastlake Sammamish Parkway), in the large parking lot on the left, and park in the middle of the first and second rows.
.<br />Submitted from eBird Android 1.2.5
54 species (+3 other taxa)

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S31109614