[Tweeters] Olympics (Rio) Golf Course Birds (Burrowing Owl and...) / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Tue Aug 16 19:56:26 PDT 2016

Hi Tweeters,

Not sure if I've missed something, but I did see something on NBC about the birds on the Olympic Golf Course in Rio. One was the wonderful Burrowing Owl. But there was another that I was wondering what it might be. Thought others might have already seen this or know the birds of the area.

I am still perplexed at the Burrowing Owl shown in WA as summer only. Where do they migrate to? Northern CA (CA?). How far north do the ones as far south as Tierra del Fuego come?

Quiet here in Wedgwood (except for the occasional M-80 down the street!!)

Caryn