[Tweeters] Re: Greater White-Fronted Goose in Olympia

festuca at comcast.net festuca at comcast.net
Wed Aug 17 20:01:06 PDT 2016

Deborah West wrote: We saw what we think was a Greater White-fronted Goose under the I-5 bridge between Tumwater Historical Park and Capitol Lake. While we see them in the winter, we do not expect to see them in August. Anyone else see the bird?

Hi Deborah - this bird has apparently been on the lake all summer. I saw the Specklebelly back in June & July and eBirded it a few times & got photos as well:

June 20: http://ebird.org/ebird/pnw/view/checklist/S30326174

June 24: http://ebird.org/ebird/pnw/view/checklist/S30373693

July 27: http://ebird.org/ebird/pnw/view/checklist/S30873713

Nice that the bird is continuing; thanx for reporting it.

Jon. Anderson
OIyWA