[Tweeters] Boreal Chickadees: Pend Oreille

chazz chazz at hesselein.com
Thu Aug 18 07:17:01 PDT 2016

A little detour on our way to Yellowstone NP brought an out-of-state friend and me to Bunchgrass Meadows in search of Boreal Chickadees and White-winged Crossbills as per Terry Little's report of 7/29/16. No Crossbills but a pretty good sized flock that included at least 5 Boreal Chickadees flew across the road about a mile from the meadows. I was surprised that Boreal Chickadees aren't a rare bird in eBird considering their small range in WA. A lifer for both of us in any case.

Any suggestions for finding Black Rosy-finches on the Beartooth Hwy?

Good birding all,

Chazz Hesselein
Port Orchard, WA