[Tweeters] More Delays on Edmonds Public Pier Re-opening

Carol Riddell cariddellwa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 09:15:24 PDT 2016

This is the latest post at My Edmonds News web site:

"As we mentioned in our report from the Aug. 16 Edmonds City Council meeting, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife and the City of Edmonds have delayed the partial opening of the waterfront Edmonds Fishing Pier — originally set for this Friday, Aug. 18 — for another two weeks.

In a news release issued Aug. 17, the city noted that “several minor issues have arisen over the past week…that will prevent the partial opening any sooner.”

“In order to allow the public to take advantage of the tail end of salmon fishing and crabbing season, we still are planning a soft, partial opening for Friday, Sept. 2 at 9 a.m.,” the city said.

Many of the site amenities will not be in place when the pier opens, and portions of the pier may be cordoned off from the public, the release said. In addition, there will be occasional short-term pier closures to facilitate movement of materials and equipment.

The full opening, along with a celebration, is expected by the end of September."

Carol Riddell
Edmonds