[Tweeters] Swainson's thrush? / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Sat Aug 20 13:39:38 PDT 2016

Hi Tweeters,

Do Swainson's ever show up in our neck of the woods? Had a thrush yesterday and hearing (I think) one today though I couldn't link the sound (bubbly ascending trill - da da dit) to the bird. If this is not the sound (which it didn't quite match online), what might it be?

I did see a thrush, but it didn't look at all like a Hermit. Closest to a Swainson's, but just want to be sure it's possible in our area. Though I guess that anything is possible!

Stay cool!

Thanks.

Caryn / Wedgwood