[Tweeters] Wandering Tattler at Carkeek Park 24 Aug 16

B&PBell bellasoc at isomedia.com
Wed Aug 24 08:05:57 PDT 2016

Hi Tweets

I arrived at Carkeek Park this morning at 5:45 and killed some time til it
got light enough to look for the Wandering Tattler. A couple of us searched
for a while, and as I walked back to the north the bird flew in to the root
ball at 6:30 a.m.

It certainly does blend in well with the rocks on the beach. It flushed and
flew about 30 feet away and then settled down on the slope just before the
beach leveled out. It was still there when we left at 6:40.

Nice satisfying looks, and I may have gotten at least a record shot.

Good Birding

Brian H. Bell

Woodinville WA

Mail to bell asoc a t I s o media dot com